Thursday, September 28, 2006

9/16/2006 My first uphill run & was that hard!!

Our team started at the Von's shopping center in El Camino Real for our warm up & we started running by El Camino Real shopping center parking lot & we headed towards Jefferson where we went uphill. Pam my mentor at that day helped me a lot & kept me in focus. She also continue to remind me the proper way of running uphill (run slow & look up a little) & boy!! did that help. We ran 5 miles, & this time I ran for 6 minutes & brisk walk for 2 minutes. It was a lot of fun & a lot of body aches :-)

9/20/2006 Our first training w/ Coach Bill

Our team met at CSUSM at the track & field & for the first time we had to undergo a rigorous warm up like marching w/ our knees way up, jumping & sliding on our sides like we are dribbling a basketball & much more. After the warm up we were instructed to divide into 3 groups & did a relay running as fast as you can where you can't talk anymore. We did this for about 10 laps & coach said this exercise will help us in our breathing & build endurance. I got home very sore didn't even shower & literally fell asleep in our couch because I was extremely tired. There you go for endurance training!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Juliet,

Awesome job on your training/running!

take care,
Lourdes
Carlsbad Half Marathon
San Diego Run

Kelsey said...

Hi Mom!! Why haven't you updated about what you did last Saturday?! That was amazing, and you haven't even mentioned it. ;) When I grow up, I want to run as far as you did. WAit a minute... according to the government, I'm an "adult" (i.e. grown up) when I turn 18. So, I take that back. Maybe I'll do the whole running thing when I turn 50. =D hehe.